MICROSOFT SURFACE 3 TABLET GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
- Introduction. Microsoft Surface 3 Tablet Giveaway/Grand Prize Drawing is sponsored by “Relax It’s Just Tax” (“Sponsor”). One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all entries received across all the media. All applicable federal, state, and local laws apply. No purchase necessary to enter or win. By participating in this Giveaway, you are automatically added to the Sponsor’s mailing list.
ONLY ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED IN THE GIVEAWAY.
- Timing. The giveaway begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PST) on January 5, 2016, and ends at 11:00 p.m. PST on April 18, 2016 (“Promotion Period”).
- Eligibility. The Giveaways is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January 5, 2016. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as spouse, parents, children, siblings and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer and director are not eligible. By participating, entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- How to Enter. During the Promotion Period (January 5, 2016 through April 18, 2016) enter by any or all of the methods listed below:
|File a Tax Return with “Relax Its Just Tax” (in the office or remotely)||10 Entries (per filed and paid tax return)|
|Refer a Friend||5 Entries per Each Referral|
|Social Media Like, Follow, Post or Review
on any of the “Relax Its Just Tax” media pages
|1 Entry per One Post per Day per Each Social Media Platform(with online form filled and picture proof of Social Media submission)|
|Fill out online form at
|Enter By Phone at 909-694-4100||1 Entry (first time only)|
|Enter In Person in the Sponsor’s Office
at 8645 Baseline Road, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
|1 Entry (first visit only)|
By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. All entries require unique and valid email addresses and/or phone numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address and/or phone number. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any bot or automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
All Internet access and usage charges are the responsibility of the entrant. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Giveaways is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaways, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaways. All entries received on-line before the on-line portion becomes inoperable, will be included in the random drawing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web-site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Giveaways. In the event of a dispute, eligible electronic entries will be considered made by authorized account owner of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Entries generated by robots or scripts are considered to be a direct violation of Giveaways policy and will result in immediate disqualification of any and all associated entries.
- Selection of Potential Winner. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries on or about April 18, 2016. The drawing will be conducted at the Sponsor’s office located at 8645 Baseline Rd, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730. Entrant selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all the requirements. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized ticket holder. The potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or does not contact the Sponsor within 72 hours, declines to accept a prize, or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In that event, the Sponsor may elect, at its own discretion, to select an alternate winner. The winner will have to be present at the Sponsor’s office to receive his/her prize within seven (7) days after being notified. Winner must pick up the prize in person at the Sponsor’s office located at 8645 Baseline Road, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730. The prize cannot be mailed or delivered to the winner by any other means.
- Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize for a winner who entered through the giveaway will be:
MICROSOFT – SURFACE 3 TABLET – 10.8″ – INTEL ATOM – 64GB – SILVER
(approximate retail value $499.99)
Prize is non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize cannot be exchanged for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of an equal value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges associated with prize receipt and use.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the giveaway constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
8. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Sponsor’s or website or undermine the legitimate operation of this giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees that Sponsor, his/her respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies (the “Released Parties”), are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s participation in the giveaway.
10. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network, hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the giveaway; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the giveaway or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the giveaway, receipt or use or misuse of any prize, or from downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the giveaway, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the giveaway, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes. Each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Giveaways, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaways, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THESE GIVEAWAYS AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THESE GIVEAWAYS. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in those courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of those courts. If, for any reason, the Giveaways is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel the Giveaways without liability. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.